Full Name: Kian Woon Chen
Course: 1st Year Chemical Engineering
Post: Committee Member
Proposer: Brandon Tang (Chemical Engineering, 2nd Year)
Seconder: Kharthik Chakravarthy (Mechanical Engineering, 2nd Year)
Events are essential to keep Malaysians in Imperial bonded and to make them feel at home in a foreign land.
With experiences in organising various events such as field trip, volunteering project, conference, competition and Prom night, I believe that I can bring lots of fun to MSoc members. If I were elected as Committee member, my aims are as following:
1. Organise wide variety of new events for MSoc members such as:
- Ice Skating trip
- Karaoke social
- Weekend Getaway // Travel Trip
- Secret Santa & Christmas celebration
2. Meanwhile, continue and enhance fantastic events that we already have:
- More theater and concert trips
- Potlucks and dinners (Welcome dinner, CNY Dinner)
- Ski Trip
- More trips to studios and museums (such as Harry Potter, Madame Tussauds)
- WHO BOLEH
3. Organise events or competitions that could involve all Malaysians in the UK
- Such as Talent Show, singing and dancing competitions.
- By doing this we can generate some profits while having entertainment at the same time.
4. Enhance MSoc buddy family bond by having events that require members to join as a team with MSoc buddy family such as :
- Inter-family tele match with attractive prizes
- Family photos challenge
5. Look out for relevant and interesting external events and gather MSoc members to join together if possible
- For example, there is a trend of speaker series from high level executives of Malaysian Corporates that are being held in London. So why not we gather interested MSoc members to go together?
- Others external events include Corporate Luncheon, competitions organised by other MSocs, London Color Run, Malaysian Hall Open House, clubbing events etc.
Aim to subsidise as many trips/events as possible, but depending on the available budget and financial situation.