Description of Hall:
- Very near to Imperial South Kensington campus – literally just beside the campus, less than 5 minutes’ walk!!
- Large shared kitchens on each floor – shared by about 20 people per floor, but fret not, not everyone cooks!
- Wall mounted TVs in all kitchens
- Shared fridges and freezers – don’t you worry, lots of them are available for use.
- Individual food storage and cupboards – this individual cupboard is lockable.
- Common room with wireless internet, big LCD TV and PS3!
- Access to the Student Social Space which contains a table tennis table, table football and large TV
- Individual mail boxes
- Fully-equipped coin operated laundry room (washing + drying)
- All floors accessible by lift
- No smoking residence
- Vending machine located in social space
- Nearby swim and gym facilities(Ethos Sport Centre) free to all students
- Entrance to hall gate and room door is done through access card (your student ID card) swipe
- Floor mates are generally very nice, friendly and helpful.
Description of my room: (Twins en-suite room)
- Individual single bed, study table cupboards, book shelf and table lamps.
- Wardrobe is big enough with multiple compartments, and trust me it’s more than enough.
- Room size is sufficiently big as well.
- Toilet and bathroom are inside the room.
- My devices are able to detect wi-fi connection in my room, but I heard it’s hard to detect wi-fi in certain rooms.
- Ethernet connection for laptop is available for each study table.
Description of kitchen:
- Sufficiently large with sufficient stoves and ovens.
- Will be dirty after everyone cooks but don’t worry there are always cleaners to clean the kitchen.
Weekly Rent (Twins en-suite room):
It was GBP131 per week for me during 2014-15 academic session, but it will be GBP147 per week for you for the upcoming 2015-16 academic session.
My stay here is very pleasant. I love my room and hall to the moon and back. I definitely would not want to move out after 1st Year, if it’s not because of the rule that halls are primarily for 1st Year students.
Contributed by: Chen Kian Woon (2nd year Chemical engineering)