The college is a well-resourced, independent, co-educational boarding school with approximately 400 students aged 2 to 18, and prepares students for IGCSE examinations and GCE A Levels. The medium of instruction is English with 95% of the teaching staff from the UK. Most of the teachers live on campus. There is a close partnership with Epsom College UK. The College is projected to have nearly 100 sixth form students in 2016-17, most of whom will apply to Oxbridge/Russell Group universities in the UK.
The College is situated near KL International Airport (20mins) and is approx. 1 hour from the centre of KL. It is serviced by regular rail links and KL Airport is the major hub for the budget carrier AirAsia. There are many opportunities to travel extensively in Asia from our position.
The College is committed to providing a quality education that goes beyond the traditional study towards exams. The recruitment of experienced undergraduates for short term internships will provide sixth form students with mentors who will bridge the gap between school and university and provide opportunities for students to actively engage in university level teaching/research. The internship will involve the following:
- Supporting Sixth Form Academic staff in delivering A level Mathematics/Science subjects
- Working with Gifted and Talented students in their area of expertise
- Provide Higher Education support in preparation of UCAS applications
- Where appropriate, provide opportunities for students and staff to assist in the intern’s research project.
The intern will need to be an enthusiastic and engaged individual who is able to meet the challenges of living overseas. An ability to empathise with young people and to convey a passion for their subject is essential. In return the college will provide the following:
- Return Airfares from London to Kuala Lumpur
- Accommodation and food for the duration of the internship
- A weekly allowance to cover living expenses
- Administrative support in applying for and processing a work visa
- Free utilities; electricity, Wi-Fi etc
- Time for the intern to develop their research project
The duration of the internship is negotiable but a 3 – 4 week period in the first or second academic term would be preferable. A student able to join the college from late August to late September would be at an advantage but other periods throughout the college year would be considered. An intern wishing to travel may book their return airfare to accommodate this.
Students wishing to be considered for the internship should contact email@example.com for further details. The Headmaster or his representative may contact students for a skype interview in the event of them being short-listed.